- Your Government
- Sioux Center Comprehensive Plan
Sioux Center Comprehensive Plan
What is the purpose of Sioux Center's Comprehensive Plan?
The purpose of Sioux Center's Comprehensive Plan is to:
- Determine a future vision that establishes a balance of the interests and needs of area residents, businesses, guests, and visitors.
- Guide development and improvements in the area to offer a wider and more diverse range of residential and commercial development opportunities.
- Provide a practical and visionary road map, expressing Sioux Center's values and vision for the next 20 years.
- Make basic policy choices and provide a flexible framework for adapting to real conditions over time.
- Establish policies for the City to use as a guide for future decisions about "how" much growth Sioux Center should take and "where" it should be located.
- Serve as a bridge through time, spanning different City Councils and administrations.
The Comprehensive Plan is intended to be both far-sighted and continually updated to reflect changing conditions. In short, the Plan is a guide for managing change.
Community Planning Goals
Goals are qualitative statements regarding Sioux Center's vision for its future and are broad in nature.
Goal: Collaboration & Cooperation
Maintain a positive, collaborative, cooperative, and progressive attitude.
Goal: Respect Diversity
To preserve one of Sioux Center's unique strengths, the City shall promote and celebrate its rich diversity. Cultural, ethnic, racial, gender, age geographic, personal expression and lifestyle differences contribute to Sioux Center's quality of life and our economy.
Goal: Growth & Development
Encourage the future development and revitalization of the City with sound planning policy and