The City encourages everyone to recycle and provides wheeled recycling containers to our residential customers who choose to participate in the Recycling Program. If you are a commercial business, please contact Brommer Sanitation at 722-0631. Below are answers to some questions you may have:
How do I get a recycling container?
Are there different sizes?
- Yes, there is a 65 gallon or 95 gallon. The 65 gallon is the same size as your garbage container.
If I find that my new recycling container is too small or too big for my use, can I switch to a different size?
- Yes, you may switch containers
Where, or how, do I get my new recycling container? Can I pick it up?
- Recycling containers are delivered to your residence. No, you will not be able to pick up your recycling container
Do I have to pay for my new 65 or 95 gallon recycling container?
- There will be no additional cost above the normal solid waste fees
If I move, do I take the recycling container with me?
- No, as with the solid waste containers, each container will be numbered and assigned to a specific residence
What are the recycling container dimensions?
- 65 Gallon Container is 42.2 inches tall, 25.9 inches wide, and 26.5 inches deep
- 95 Gallon Container is 46.1 inches tall, 27.7 inches wide, and 31.6 inches deep
This web notification was prepared with the support of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Agreement Number 12-G550-08FL.