Is water treated with chlorine safe to drink?
Many studies have shown that the presence of chlorine in treated water is not a factor in whether the water is safe or not to drink, although some people object to the taste and smell. The addition of chlorine during the treatment process is necessary to protect against potential bacterial contamination. Chlorine may be removed from the water by simply putting an uncovered container of tap water in the fridge and letting it sit for a couple of hours.

Show All Answers

1. What part of the water distribution system is the customer responsible for maintaining and repairing?
2. What is the white film on my glasses, pans, and ice cube trays?
3. What is "hard" water?
4. What is the average residential bill during winter months?
5. What can I do to prevent a high water bill?
6. Is water treated with chlorine safe to drink?
7. Is fluoride added to Sioux Center’s drinking water?
8. What causes white water?