Open Space Park & Athletic Fields
Located adjacent to Dordt College and the Junior / Senior High School, Open Space Park consists of 80 acres of public recreational facilities including:
- All Seasons Center featuring indoor and outdoor pools, a multi purpose arena and senior center
- All-weather rubber track
- Exercise trail
- Half-mile race track
- 9-hole disc golf
- Lighted baseball field
- Lighted football field
- Lighted softball field
- Two lighted sand volleyball courts
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Sioux County Fairgrounds
The sports complex consists of two handicap-accessible bathrooms and two concession stands.
Athletic Track Rules
The athletic track can be used for walking and jogging by the public. Rules for the track:
- No pets.
- No roller blades, bikes or skates are allowed on the track.
- No spikes allowed, with the exception of track spikes.
- Please walk on the outside lanes. The inside lane markings are wearing off due to heavy traffic.
- School activities have first priority.
Two tennis courts are located south of the football complex. Roller blades are not allowed on tennis courts!
Complex and Field Specifications
- Ample parking
- Baseball fence - 310’-380’-310’
- Concessions in both field areas
- Covered dugouts
- Electronic scoreboards on all fields
- Irrigation system on all fields
- Lighting on all fields substantially exceeding minimum youth field requirements
- Softball fence - 200’-225’-200’
- Three full-sized soccer fields
- Two slow pitch fields fences - 300’