Sioux Center Arts
The mission of Sioux Center Arts is to educate, enlighten, and enrich our community through the arts.
Sioux Center’s Recreation and Arts Council is a proud supporter of the area arts.
Some of the programs offered by Sioux Center Arts include art classes, theatre classes, and an annual community play. Sioux Center Arts also hosts a variety of different performing arts groups throughout the year and is a proud sponsor of NISO - Northwest Iowa Symphony Orchestra.
For questions regarding arts programs and events, please contact Bethany Wallace at (712) 722-4386 ext.8 or emailFacebook Page to learn about upcoming Sioux Center Arts events and how you can participate!
Registration opens up for Summer Recreation & Arts activities on
Saturday, April 9!
Check out this year's activities in our Brochure (Spanish)
Upcoming Events & Classes
Uncork your creativity! Create your very own work of art under the guidance of a teacher. Registration includes all materials and a glass of wine. No experience required. Must be over 21 to register. This class is limited to 12 artists.
Date: Friday, September 2nd
Where: Creative Spark (next to Fruited Plain)
Cost: $20 (includes all materials and glass of wine)
Teacher: Matt Drissell, Dordt Art Professor
Register online using or the link above, or call the All Seasons Center at 722-4386 ext. 5.
Arjan Breukhoven, Organist from the Netherlands:
Arjan Breukhoven will perform several concerts and conduct classes and workshops in Orange City, Sioux Center, Cherokee, Sioux City and Sioux Falls September 10-18, 2016.
Breukhoven has played the organ of the St. Patrick’s Basilica of Fremantle in Western Australia, with 127 stops. In November 2012, he performed on the organ of the St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican. In June 2014, Breukhoven was awarded the ‘Médaille d’Argent’ (silver medal) by the ‘Société Académic d’ encouragement et d’ éducation Arts, Sciences et Lettres’ in Paris, because of his expertise in performing French organ music.
He is the titular organist of the old church (1732) of Berkel and Rodenrijs. He plays each year about 450 concerts and services. He has worked on numerous recordings for radio and TV and almost 200 CDs and DVDs. Plus he is the director of three large and well-known Dutch male choirs. As a composer, he is renowned for his many compositions for choir, organ and other instruments.
- Sunday, Sept 11, 9:30am: organist for First Christian Reformed Church service in Sioux Center, IA.
- Sunday, Sept 11, 6:30pm: concert and worship service featuring hymn improvisations, B.J. Haan, Sioux Center, IA.
- Tuesday, Sept 13, 7:30pm: concert featuring a variety of music, Cathedral of the Epiphany, 1000 Douglas Street, Sioux City, IA.
- Thursday, Sept 15, 7:30pm: concert featuring a variety of music, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 709 West Cedar, Cherokee, IA.
- Friday, Sept 16, 7:30pm: concert featuring a variety of music, Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 909 West 33rd Street, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Saturday, Sept 17, 10:00am: organ workshop, BJ Haan Auditorium, Dordt College, Sioux Center, IA.
- Saturday, Sept 17, 7:30pm: concert featuring a variety of music, Christ Chapel, Northwestern College, Orange City, IA.
- Sunday, Sept 18, 9:30am: organist at American Reformed Church, Orange City, IA.